DLC Performance Coatings
DLC, or Diamond-Like-Coating, is the industry standard for performance coatings on fork lowers and shock shafts (steel parts only). DLC is an amorphous carbon nanocomposite coating creating a very hard and low-friction surface. Pricing varies based on part size - make your selections below to see costs.
* Read the description below for important information!
Looking for fork upper and shock body coatings? Check out KyoKote coating.
- $499.95 (Fork Tubes, Black)
- $199.95 (Shock Shaft, Black)
- $629.95 (Fork Tubes and Shock Shaft, Black)
Product Description, Information, and Details
* DLC coatings are not guaranteed to come out perfect every time. We rarely have any issues, but occasionally some parts come out with minor blemishes in the coating. This is more common on used part. All parts are cleaned prior to coating, but used parts can have tiny scratches and crevices that hide oil and contaminates, and this can affect the end result. We will refund the cost of coating at our discretion for major blemishes; however, you assume the risk of minor blemishes should they occur.
Additionally, be warned that DLC is only 0.00014 inches (0.0035 mm) thick and will not smooth out nicks or scratches in your parts; the nicks and scratches will be coated the same color as the rest of the part but will remain visible. For these reasons we highly recommend sending new or like-new parts.
* We can not strip old coatings or coat over old coatings. All tubes sent for coating must be OEM hard chrome. This means we can NOT coat tubes that come coated stock, for example stock Kawasaki tubes with the black coating.
* DLC coating services do NOT include disassembly of your parts. These prices assume you are sending us tubes/shafts with all other components (seals, bushings, valving, fork lugs, etc.) removed (as shown in the images). All parts must arrive well packed and clean, without any oil or Loctite residue. Allow 2-3 weeks turnaround time for DLC services. Prices include return ground shipping within the continental USA.
Do you have more than one set of parts to coat? We offer quantity discounts on all coatings and dealer pricing for approved accounts, please contact us for more details.
In a rush? Want a faster turnaround? If you have brand new parts to coat, we can swap your tubes for our in-stock coated tubes to significantly reduce the lead-time. This applies to new parts only and to what stock we have on hand at the time of your order. This offer extends to retail customers only.
Please read the entire Description tab for all the details about our coatings first.
- Step 1) Thoroughly clean your parts and carefully pack them into a box. We recommend using more padding than you think is necessary and lots of bubble wrap. Ship them to:
9825 Carroll Centre Rd Ste 300
San Diego, CA 92126
- * We recommend you use UPS to ship parts to us.
- Luxon MX
- Step 2) Add the appropriate coating options to your shopping cart and check out. Please make sure the options added match what you've shipped and what you want.
- Step 3) You will be emailed an invoice for the purchase immediately once you've checked out. Reply to that email with the tracking number for your shipment.
- Step 4) We'll process everything when it arrives, and send you a tracking number when it ships out back to you.
- Timeline: The whole process typically takes two to three weeks. We will turn these around as fast as possible, but please plan for an extra week if things are busy, or if you are shipping from a long distance.
|Luxon Description||DLC Performance Coating|
|Weight||No increase vs. Stock|